How much do slip and fall cases settle for in pa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Red Lion, PA

Hello. I fell dec 10th on someones property. They own their home. They let their concrete steps chip away. There are big chunks missing. It was dark their light was not on and I ended up falling in a hole in the concrete. I have a hairline fracture to my left ankle and sprained my right really bad. Not to mention the ems female tripped comiing up them. I am in pain everyday. And the oss doctor wants me back in to see them because the pain is shooting from my right ankle up to my knee cap. They wwant me tostay off of my feet but I have a 2 yr old and I'm a single mother.

Attorney answers (8)

  1. Joseph John Ashton III

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Every case is different, but a few of the most important factors are your specific injuries, how long it might take you to recover from those injuries, whether you will make a full recovery, and whether you had any relevant preexisting conditions. As someone else mentioned, even the county where you were injured can play a role in the value of your case.

    Since you were so recently hurt and your doctors want you to return because of the pain you are experiencing, it may be too early to know the full extent of your injuries. However, a good personal injury lawyer can discuss your injuries and even help make sure you are getting the treatment you need.

    Our firm has significant experience with these types of cases in many areas of Pennsylvania, and I would be happy to discuss the specifics of your case with you if you would like.

    Joseph J. Ashton III, Esq.
    Stark & Stark

  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The liability sounds strong, as the steps were maintained. It really depends on your injuries. The secret to maximizing your recovery is finding a personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  3. Harold Semanoff


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your injury. No qualified attorney can accurately predict the value of your claim at this time. Based upon the description of the area where you fell, the homeowner sounds legally responsible for your injuries. Your claim will be for pain and suffering as well as for you economic losses. Those will include your medical expenses, lost wages, and the expenses if hiring someone to help with your infant. It will be important to see how long it takes for your ankle to heal and whether you will have any permanent injuries. I would be pleased to discuss this matter with you if you would like to call. 215-887-0200.

  4. Jeffrey Bruce Gold


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Its going to depend on the healing process and whether there are any residual injuries, as well as the county in which the accident happened among other things. Certainly, the amount will be worth your while to consult with a personal injury attorney in your locale. There is an attorney on this site Christian Lassen, who I'm sure will be by presently to offer an opinion. From his posts, its clear that he has an excellent handle on Pennsylvania Personaly Injury law, and you may wish to consult with him, if you do not already have an attorney.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore,... more
  5. Ross Marvin Miller

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sorry to hear about your accident. I agree with what has been said here. Your first priority is your health; make sure you do everything you can to keep up with any recommended treatments so that you regain your heath and feel better. As to you specific question, you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible about your potential claim so that you can maximize your recovery for your accident. My firm handles these cases and I would be happy to provide a full consultation. Feel free to call me at 215-822-7575. I hope you feel better soon.

    Contact me for a more detailed discussion of your issue at 215-822-7575, or by email at This... more
  6. Andrew D. Swain


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A personal injury claim valued in York County cannot be assessed until an attorney inspects and photographs the steps, railing, and surrounding lighting, evaluates the cause of your fall, and reviews your medical records. The value cannot be fully known until we know the outcome of your recovery. If the property owner negligently maintained the walkway and steps, and this was a cause of your fall, a claim for your losses can be made. Because the homeowner may now attempt to repair the concrete and improve the lighting it is important to retain a lawyer now.

    You can call or email my office should you have any questions.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general information and not intended to be a legal opinion to be followed.... more
  7. Joyce J. Sweinberg


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is way too soon to consider settling your case. It takes time for the nature of the injuries to develop or heal. It is best for you to have an attorney to handle this for you to guide you now. Photographs should be taken, including any photos of injuries. See my legal guide on avvo for help on this:
    You should not talk to any insurance adjuster for the homeowner. Feel free to ask any more questions you might have. Take the time now to choose an attorney.

    I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce... more
  8. Marc Sigal

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Every case is different. The value depends on the extent of and the nature of injury you suffered, along with the lengh of time you need to recover. You should reatain counsel who specializws in injury cases. That attoreny can review yoiu medical records and place a value on the claim. My Legal Group can do this for you.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now