How much diminished value should I ask for, I have a 2013 GMC crew cab Z714×4 with 15000 miles.has 15000 dollars in damage

Asked 6 months ago - Tuscaloosa, AL

I got hit on the passenger side doors

1. Vernon Paul Hein

Pro

2

Answered . Ten to twenty percent of the value of the vehicle before it was damaged is fairly common - but it is totally a matter of negotiating with the insurance company.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Answered . Ask for another $5,000 diminished value is hard to determine.

3. Talal B. Ghosheh

Pro

2

Answered . Order a diminished value appraisal and request that amount in a demand letter to the insurance company. They will usually offer you alot more than if you do not include an appraisal. Consult a local personal injury attorney who handles diminished value claims as well. Most attorneys who handle this will do so on contingency as part of your case.