How much diminished value should I ask for, I have a 2013 GMC crew cab Z714×4 with 15000 miles.has 15000 dollars in damage

Tuscaloosa, AL |

I got hit on the passenger side doors

Ask for another $5,000 diminished value is hard to determine.

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.

Ten to twenty percent of the value of the vehicle before it was damaged is fairly common - but it is totally a matter of negotiating with the insurance company.

Responses to questions on Avvo are for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice; no attorney-client relationship is created; the information provided is not confidential; and, no obligation is created for future responses or representation. Individual circumstances vary and certain claims and/or defenses may be time barred. As such, all legal issues should be evaluated by a qualified attorney as soon as possible. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the legal services performed by other lawyers.

Order a diminished value appraisal and request that amount in a demand letter to the insurance company. They will usually offer you alot more than if you do not include an appraisal. Consult a local personal injury attorney who handles diminished value claims as well. Most attorneys who handle this will do so on contingency as part of your case.

Legal disclaimer: Talal B. Ghosheh. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.