How much can my family expect to be compensated for due to our moms wrongful death?

Asked almost 6 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

my mother died recently due to the pharmaceutical malpractice of prescribing the drug "digitek". the pills were adulterated and had double the strength needed to help our mother. on the coroners report it said she died from high levels of toxcitity from the drug digitek. it poisoned her blood stream. we wanna know how long a case like this can take to settle and how much we can expect to receive in compensation

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ryan Patrick McClure

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Impossible to know the answer to this question. The best advice I can give you is to consult with a personal injury lawyer in your area.

  2. Jonathan Edward Howell

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . It is very difficult to determine how long a case can take to settle and depends on many factors. In some circumstances a claim can settle before a lawsuit is filed. In other circumstances, the case can go to trial and then appealed. Instead of focusing on how long it will take to settle, you should determine whether malpractice actually occurred. The fact that the prescription was double the strength alone is not necessarily malpractice. Did the pharmacy give a different prescription than what the doctor wrote? Did the doctor write the prescription with double strength? Was giving your mother a double strength prescription below the standard of care? You should get a copy of your mother's medical records and consult an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,930 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,930 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering