How much can I sue my former employer for disability discrimination.

Las Vegas, NV |

I currently have an open case with the EEOC . Here's the short version of what happened . My doctor changed my depression meds . I fell into a very deep depression diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder . Out for 6wks HR told me they couldn't hold my position any longer . I had no choice I had to go back although I was not ready . When I did get back to work I was repeatedly harassed by my coworkers about my depression . I went to my direct supervisor who did nothing . I then went to my manager and we managed to work out some accommodations . However when my coworkers found out the harassment only got worse . Went to my director who did not help but SIDED with my coworkers . Went to HR and I was asked to resign . My emp . review stated I was a very good employee and I agree . I have mediation tomorrow

1. You would look first for back pay, what you have missed by not working (minus unemployment and your current income), front pay (maybe 6 mos to 2 years' worth, depending on your time at the employer), consequential damages (costs of moving, lost things, extra medical bills, etc.), then perhaps a few thousand for emotional distress (not as easy to get).

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

2. This is a very complicated question. Under the ADA, you can get back pay, front pay, compensatory damages, pain and suffering, attorneys fees, reasonable court costs, and interest. Every case is different. I have been informed that 7 out of 10 cases in Nevada go in favor of the employer, so be cautious and best of luck!