Skip to main content

How much can i sue Liberty mutual auto insurance company for a bad faith policy

Liberty, MO |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

They offered me a low settlement but said they would pay all the hospital bills which they didn't now they won't even talk to me on the phone they avoid me.

Also failed to mention i went to the hospital had a bruised chest with and the driver had full coverage and the amount they offered me for pain and suffering was mixed in with the time i missed from work. My insurance paid for some of the bills which i don't get why? Some of the bills were sent to collection which liberty said they were gonna pay. I haven't cashed the pain and suffering check they gave me so could i get more with a lawyer or is that set for good? Also any lawyers that think they could help me i would be willing to work with.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


In this life you get what you negotiate not what you deserve. A lawyer would have avoided you a lot of aggravation and made sure you were adequately compensated for your pain and suffering, loss of wages and out of pocket costs. If you have not signed a settlement agreement and have not cashed the check , go to a local lawyer and ask for a free consultation to see whether they can take your case still. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


You do not sound like you have a bad faith claim. Instead you just received a bad offer, which is typical. If you agreed to the deal already--especially if you signed a release--then you are out of luck. If you never agreed to the amount and they just sent you a check, then you should at least talk to a lawyer. Almost all personal injury lawyers (myself included) will offer a free consultation to assess whether you have a case. A good car crash lawyer will negotiate both your insurance claim and your resulting medical bills to maximize the money you receive.

This answer is intended for information purposes, and does not constitute legal advice. It does not substitute for legal counsel, nor does it create an attorney/client relationship. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.


It might not be too late to speak with an attorney. Make sure you are honest and forthcoming with that attorney too, as accuracy in this type of case will be crucial for both you and any consulting attorney.

If your legal issue exists in Kansas or Missouri, you may contact attorney Noah Garcia to talk about your case, at no cost. 913-952-2930. This answer is meant solely to be a voluntary service provided to Avvo by me and my colleagues. This answer should not be construed as legal advice, nor does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. In order to provide proper counsel and to adequately evaluate your legal rights more information is needed than can possibly be conveyed via internet messaging.


Your insurance probably paid because you might have had med-pay insurance which is normally up to a certain amount $1,000 or $5,000. So that wouldn't cover all the bills.

If you have not cashed the Liberty check and have not signed a release then you still have remedies against the company. If the company attested that it would pay your medical bills and then didn't send the hospital enough money to cover it, you might have a bad faith claim. In Missouri its a bad faith vexatious refusal to settle. The requirements to fulfill that are pretty strict, but that is not uncommon with insurance companies.

You need to get an attorney that has been through this before and isn't afraid to litigate the claims (some attorneys try to get quick settlements from insurance companies and will drop you if you don't settle or the company refuses the claim).

Hope this helps!


Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer