How much can I expect to pay for assistance in estate planning including a will, health and financial power of attorney etc

Asked 4 months ago - Honolulu, HI

including possible trusts, other documents that I don't even know about!

1. Timothy W Holt

Answered . I don't mean to be evasive, but that's like asking how much does a little black dress cost. It depends. The best way for you to find out the range of fees in your area is to call around and see what responses you get. Many estate planning attorneys offer a free consultation and you can take advantage of that. I caution you that the price should not be your only, or even your main consideration. It is much better to find the right lawyer and pay his fee than to base your decision on price alone. You may end up with a DUI lawyer who dabbles in trusts and wills. You certainly wouldn't choose a Dr. to operate on you based on his fees. You would try to find the best Dr. you could. It's the same with attorneys. Some people think that it is only the documents they are buying and so it doesn't matter who does them. That is completely wrong. What you need to realize is that you are paying for the expertise of the lawyer and that you are probably going to get what you pay for. Your goal should be to find the best, most effective lawyer you can, not the cheapest. Good luck.

2. Shelley Ann Elder

Pro

Answered . I agree with Mr. Holt and This forum does not talk about fees. Go to AVVO.com, find a lawyer and put in the specialty area and your geographic location and attorneys should pop up. You can call a few and see about prices and availability.

Mark here if this answer is helpful
  3. Ronald A. Stone

Answered . It is impossible to answer your question as there are too many variables involved. It depends on the amount/number of assets; distribution; your wishes; if you want a Will or Trust; if the Trust is irrevocable or revocable; charitable remainder Trust; special needs rust, etc. It would be best for you to sit face to face with an attorney, describe your desires and wishes; determine what you want and then obtain a cost quote.