How much can child support legally deduct from my pay check

Fort Wayne, IN |

can child support take my entire pay check every week if I owe back support? I have my check direct deposited into my account and when I got paid this week I only brought home $68 out of a $500 pay check is it legal for them to take this much? When my support was set up I was unemployed so they based it on my potential earnings from my previous jobs so it was set really high but now im only making $10 per hr not 28. I cant afford any attorney to get this change when they take my entire check>

There are limits on what can be withheld. Based on the arrearage and whether you have other children in your home that you are legally required to support, the percentage can be as high as 65%. This assumes no other children to support in your home and more than 12 weeks in arrears. If you have other children to support in your home then the max is 50%. Even then they can take an extra 5% if the arrears are more than 12 weeks worth of support.