How much attorneys charge to file (NIW) case? How long processing time does it take?

Palm Beach Gardens, FL |

I hold a PhD degree in Chemistry.

1. A National Interest Waiver (NIW) petition falls into the employment-based immigration, second preference (EB2) category (EB2). NIW applications have clear advantages over other regular employment based immigrant petitions. Since there is no labor certification or permanent job offer requirement, an NIW is an attractive choice for scholars, researchers, post-doctoral research fellows, PhD students, and other advanced degree professionals. After the current economic slowdown and the tightening of U.S. immigration policy, obtaining an approval for NIW petitions is more difficult than ever before.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney for more information and cost.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney.

2. It depends. You need to contact immigration attorney. The processing time for NIW cases are not consistent with the USCIS's processing time based on my experience. USCIS approves some cases within 3 months of filing, but some cases are pending over one year.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

3. Attorney fees vary. You will need to call around. Many attorneys do not quote fees over the phone and may require a consultation.
    How long it takes depends on many variables that you have not provided.

4. Hello. I am very familiar with NIW cases. I believe the last one was approved in about 4-5 months. These cases require much attorney experience. It is not sufficient to show that not enough workers are available to do the job. Rather, the USCIS applies the NYSDOT case criteria rigidly. This case is all about thorough preparation. Please obtain a preliminary consultation today! Best regards.

5. Attorneys fees will vary greatly depending on the experience level of the attorney and the facts of the case. Just because you have a Ph.D in Chemistry does not automatically qualify you for a National Interest Waiver. You should schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney who an review the facts of your case and advise you as to your eligibility and how best to proceed. Click on the link below for information on what to look for when retaining immigration counsel.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.