Skip to main content

How much are the total fees paid to USCIS when applying for green card through marriage?

Phoenix, AZ |

I have been married to US citizen for almost a year but didn't apply for AOS yet. I wonder what forms I have to file and how much it cost by form. My wife is not making enough money so I will have additional sponsor, my uncle. Also,I read that application fee for EAD is 380$ but also I read that it is free if I send it together with I 485. I am a little bit confused about what forms I need to file and how much it is gonna cost me? (without medical exam because this price is different from doctor to doctor)

Attorney Answers 4


IF Open stop filing is used then:
I-130 $420 and I-485 $1070 payable to the Department of Homeland Security. If any other forms are necessary such as I-102 for a lost, mutilated or misplaced I-94 (if necessary) that would be an additional fee. The above are just the filing fees without legal fees, mailing, medical examination and other expenses as necessary

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree

1 comment

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


I should correct the above as "One Stop Filing." Please make a note of that.


I agree with Alexander. Comprehensive answer he gave.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

9 lawyers agree


You need to pay the fee of the I-130 and the I-485. The other forms are free when filed concurrently with the I-485.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


The I-130 is $420, and the I-485 is $1,070. There is no fee for the EAD form. I'm in Phoenix, if you'd like a free consultation. This assumes that you are eligible under 245(a), and do not need to file a form I-485SA. If you need to file the I-485SA (for example, if you entered the United States without a visa, but qualify under 245(i)).

Mark as helpful

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics