How much approximately will I have to pay as penalty fees for overstaying my visa?

I overstayed my visa and now I will be applying for permanent legal residence through my husband, an American citizen. Although I overstayed my visa, I have always paid taxes for all income received. I would like to know how much I should expect to pay as a penalty fee for overstaying. Thank you.

Woodland Hills, CA -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

As the spouse of a USC you are considered an "immediate relative". As such, you are not required to "maintain" status. All you need to show is proof of lawful admission to the U.S. (I-94 and or date certain admission stamp on your passport.)

That's it! Nothing else. You will NOT have to pay any "penalty" to anyone..

Calvin T. Sun

Calvin T. Sun

Immigration Attorney - Paoli, PA

Agree

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with Attorney Behar.