How much approximately will I have to pay as penalty fees for overstaying my visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodland Hills, CA

I overstayed my visa and now I will be applying for permanent legal residence through my husband, an American citizen. Although I overstayed my visa, I have always paid taxes for all income received. I would like to know how much I should expect to pay as a penalty fee for overstaying. Thank you.

I overstayed my visa for about 2 years. Is there a certain amount per period of time? How does it work?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . As the spouse of a USC you are considered an "immediate relative". As such, you are not required to "maintain" status. All you need to show is proof of lawful admission to the U.S. (I-94 and or date certain admission stamp on your passport.)

That's it! Nothing else. You will NOT have to pay any "penalty" to anyone..

2. Calvin T. Sun

3

Answered . Agree

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Behar.