How might my ex and I change the specific transfer of assets from what is stated in our certified divorce decree?

Asked 4 months ago - Saint Paul, MN

My ex and I would like to change the way our certified divorce decree allocates assets. The reallocation would change which specific IRAs/mutual funds/annuities/etc. are transferred from one to the other. It would NOT change the amounts specified in the decree. We agree on these changes.

How might we do this?

Might there be a form or template available that would let us do this without incurring additional attorney’s fees?

Thank you.

1. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . You could submit a post-decree stipulation to amend. I'm not sure that the MN courts website has such a form template.

2. Tricia Dwyer

Answered . Further detail as to your wishes and goals would need to be known in order to advise you appropriately. A stipulation (agreement) to amend portions of your divorce may be appropriate. I urge you to confer with an experienced attorney so she/he may assist and advise you. There is no requirement that you return to the attorney you had secured previously. Tricia Dwyer Esq.