How might my ex and I change the specific transfer of assets from what is stated in our certified divorce decree?

Saint Paul, MN |
Filed under: Divorce Divorce decree

My ex and I would like to change the way our certified divorce decree allocates assets. The reallocation would change which specific IRAs/mutual funds/annuities/etc. are transferred from one to the other. It would NOT change the amounts specified in the decree. We agree on these changes.

How might we do this?

Might there be a form or template available that would let us do this without incurring additional attorney’s fees?

Thank you.

You could submit a post-decree stipulation to amend. I'm not sure that the MN courts website has such a form template.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Further detail as to your wishes and goals would need to be known in order to advise you appropriately. A stipulation (agreement) to amend portions of your divorce may be appropriate. I urge you to confer with an experienced attorney so she/he may assist and advise you. There is no requirement that you return to the attorney you had secured previously. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - ST CLOUD. This law firm may accept avvo posters as clients but this post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation. Please do seek private attorney counsel as to your personal legal issues and needs.