HOW MICROSOFT WAS ABLE TO.....

Fairfield, OH |

How was Microsoft able to sue the owners or CEO of a limited liability company based in Hong Kong. Can a person sue a company and the owners or ceo under a limited liability company?

1. Yes, under the right circumstances in both state and federal courts a party can sue an LLC and its owners.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. The facts of the case determine whether the "corporate veil" can be "pierced": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piercing_the_corporate_veil

No attorney-client relationship is established via AVVO.com. The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

3. If the LLC had been a Nevada company, under the 'sole remedy' law (in Nevada) the only remedy available under the statute would have been a charging order, which gives the Manager of any Nevada LLC flexibility and 'timing' on his or her side. In addition, if the Members of the LLC were either an irrevocable Multi-Generation Dynasty Trust or a Nevada Asset Protection Trust, the plaintiffs would have most likely NOT have been able to seize any assets.

Business topics