How many years need to be served on a life sentence with parole in Minnesota?

Asked 6 months ago - Minneapolis, MN

My kids father was convicted of murder back in 1991 and received life with parole. He have served over 23 years by being hosted in the state of Alabama, but a prisoner of the State of MN. I know Minnesota life sentence is 30 years, he was informed by his Alabama Case Manager that the state of Minnesota wanted to have an interview with him sometime this week.

1. Tricia Dwyer

1

Answered . No one here can provide you with an exact answer. I suggest you ask the 'kids father' yourself if that is feasible. Otherwise I suggest you view online records which may be deemed unofficial in nature. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

2. Brent Schafer

Pro

1

Answered . He could be close to parole eligibility and they want to have a meeting to measure his progress. On-the-other-hand, the meeting might having nothing to do with his release. I suspect he doesn't knows much either. I guess best practice is to wait and hope that it is in regards to his release.

3. Samuel John Edmunds

Pro

Answered . Each case is different. A person's eligibility for parole depends on so many factors. Check to see if the Department of Corrections lists an anticipated release date on his offender record.