How many years need to be served on a life sentence with parole in Minnesota?

Minneapolis, MN |

My kids father was convicted of murder back in 1991 and received life with parole. He have served over 23 years by being hosted in the state of Alabama, but a prisoner of the State of MN. I know Minnesota life sentence is 30 years, he was informed by his Alabama Case Manager that the state of Minnesota wanted to have an interview with him sometime this week.

No one here can provide you with an exact answer. I suggest you ask the 'kids father' yourself if that is feasible. Otherwise I suggest you view online records which may be deemed unofficial in nature. Tricia Dwyer Esq.

MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - ST CLOUD. This law firm may accept avvo posters as clients but this post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation. Please do seek private attorney counsel as to your personal legal issues and needs.

He could be close to parole eligibility and they want to have a meeting to measure his progress. On-the-other-hand, the meeting might having nothing to do with his release. I suspect he doesn't knows much either. I guess best practice is to wait and hope that it is in regards to his release.

Each case is different. A person's eligibility for parole depends on so many factors. Check to see if the Department of Corrections lists an anticipated release date on his offender record.

Do not rely on this information. My office accepts clients from Avvo, but this initial impression is not protected by any privilege and is not attorney-client communication. You should consult a lawyer promptly about your legal matter.