How many weeks do you have to work before you are eligible for Unemployment in Michigan.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Grand Rapids, MI

Work for a lawn care service -They lay off in Middle of November and start up April 1 - I have only work 21 weeks - I worked for a Lanscaper for 10 weeks before this and took this job because of the higher wage. Previous to that I had my own business but do to econmy merged it with current employer.

1. Charles E. Glatfelter Jr.

Answered . Here is what the State of Michigan publishes on the Web regarding eligibility for unemployment benefits. You will qualify as follows:

“Regular” qualifying method: (a) For benefit years beginning January 4, 2009, and after, you
    must have wages in at least two quarters in your base period. In one quarter, your wages must be at least $2,871; and (b) total wages for all four quarters must equal at least one and a half times the highest amount of wages paid in any quarter of the base period. ($2,871 x 1.5 = $4,306.50) OR

Alternate Earnings Qualifier (AEQ): (a) You must have wages in at least two quarters; and
    (b) total wages for all four quarters must equal at least 20 times the state average weekly wage (SAWW). For 2009, the AEQ amount is $16,574.60 [20 x $828.73 (SAWW) = $16,574.60].

Type "unemployment qualifications in Michigan" into your browser for more information.
    Type