How many times can a Non Custodial parent go back to court for modification of child support.

Asked over 3 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

The child support was modify once berfore and it was before three years and now he has gone back a second time to have the mone reduce and what is the minimum the court can make him pay i am married and is currently not working i am in school and my husband is already paying child support for his children.

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . There's no black and white rule on this, the legal standard is a material or substantial change in circumstances. Issues you’ve raised are important but a resolution requires specific review of all of the facts and circumstances, such that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, for an attorney to give you a useful legal analysis based solely on a summary posting on an internet site. I appreciate your concern. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you will need to obtain a consultation with an attorney to further explore the specific circumstances behind your question.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.