How many times are you able to delay a case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hightstown, NJ

I was issued a citation/summons on 4/21/2013 for speeding. I was clocked going 87mph in a 55mph zone. I wish to delay the case for as long as possible (school, work, home life, etc). If I plead not guilty to the case and request a continuance is it possible that I can get out of paying for the ticket as well as getting the points on my license.

1. Yolanda Navarrete

4

Answered . I agree with Mr. Cheser.

2. Mark M Cheser

Pro

2

Answered . You can delay once maybe twice. With an attorney you can delay more but that defeats the purpose since you have to pay the attorney. An experienced criminal defense attorney can likley get you a 0 point ticket in Hightstown. On your own you can reduce it to 2 points. Sooner or later you need to deal with this. Call will more information.

3. Joshua Sachs

3

Answered . Traffic defense is not my field and New Jersey is not my state, but just on the basis of roughly forty years in criminal practice I would suggest that you consider a different strategy.

4. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

1

Answered . Contact us if you want to consult with a NJ traffic court lawyer.