How many receipt notices ( 797 ) do you get for H4 extensions for 2 kids ages 14 & 9.

Biloxi, MS |

Got my H1 extension receipt notice, but only received a receipt notice for older kid, asked attorney, says USCiS only use one name , but both are applied for, although no mention of younger one, But previous extension, both kids name was on receipt notice, do every H4 applicant receive individual receipt notice ,because on our, no mention of younger son, so nervous , younger kid maybe left out.

You should receive one receipt notice for each petition or application you file. The receipt is merely to show that you files and paid the fee.

One for each application.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

One I-797 Receipt Notice is generated by USCIS for each application. If your petition was a single one (i.e I-539) where both minors were cited in the single extension petition then you will only receive one official receipt notice applicable to both minors. Follow your attorney's guidance.

Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such information.

Recommended articles about Immigration