How many points do you have to have to go to prison

Tampa, FL |

how can i find out how many points he has

The magic number is 44. There are a lot of things that go into the calculations of a person's score. It includes the EXACT statute a person is charged, the person's priors, whether they are on probation, if a sex crime or violent crime, then there are varying points as well. Feel free to give me a call and I'll see if I can help you out.

Craig Epifanio

44 points requires a judge to sentence you prison unless he finds valid reasons to enter a departure sentence or sentences you under an alternative sentencing scheme such as the Youthful Offender Act or Drug Offender Act.

I agree with the other attorneys. 44 points is the magic number, for all felonies are scored in Florida; however, it does not end there. There are both mandatory and discretionary mitigators that the judge can take into account in sentencing, to include, having people, relatives, come in and testify on your behalf. Also, if a Pre-Sentence Report is created, there maybe valuable information in that Report that the judge can take into account before sentence. Again, 44 is the magic number, but it is not the ONLY factor.