How many pay stubs are required to do H1 transfer?

Asked about 1 year ago - Redmond, WA

My employer run payroll for every 15 days ,so far i have 3 pay stubs since i started my H1b visa.So can i do H1 transfer to another employer or company?

3 pay stubs(pay stub for every 15 days) is enough or i have to get pay stubs for 3 months to do H1B transfer?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . USCIS usually requests the copy of the 3 most recent pay stubs. For more details discuss with employer's immigration attorney.

2. Maria J. Marty

Pro

2

Answered . Last 2 or 3 is enough. Discuss this with your new H-1B attorney.

3. Michael J. Allen

Answered . The typical approach is to submit the two most recent paystubs from the current H-1B employer with an H-1B change of employer petition. USCIS generally expects to see two recent paystubs and may request such evidence if not provided initially with the employer's Form I-129 petition.

4. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . There is no minimum number of pay stubs, esp. since you recently commenced employment with this employer. The situation would be different if you were employed for a lengthy period of time, when 2 or 3 months of recent pay stubs plus W2's would be helpful.

In your situation, the H1B transfer petition requesting extension of status can be filed now by another employer, but you may still want to consider a consultation with an immigration attorney in case there are other issues that need deliberation.

5. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . Pay stubs are evidence for maintaining status. If you continue to maintain status, you should not worry about the number of pay stubs you have.