How many pay stubs are required to do H1 transfer?

Redmond, WA |

My employer run payroll for every 15 days ,so far i have 3 pay stubs since i started my H1b visa.So can i do H1 transfer to another employer or company?

3 pay stubs(pay stub for every 15 days) is enough or i have to get pay stubs for 3 months to do H1B transfer?

1. Last 2 or 3 is enough. Discuss this with your new H-1B attorney.

Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

2. USCIS usually requests the copy of the 3 most recent pay stubs. For more details discuss with employer's immigration attorney.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. There is no minimum number of pay stubs, esp. since you recently commenced employment with this employer. The situation would be different if you were employed for a lengthy period of time, when 2 or 3 months of recent pay stubs plus W2's would be helpful.

In your situation, the H1B transfer petition requesting extension of status can be filed now by another employer, but you may still want to consider a consultation with an immigration attorney in case there are other issues that need deliberation.

4. Pay stubs are evidence for maintaining status. If you continue to maintain status, you should not worry about the number of pay stubs you have.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

5. The typical approach is to submit the two most recent paystubs from the current H-1B employer with an H-1B change of employer petition. USCIS generally expects to see two recent paystubs and may request such evidence if not provided initially with the employer's Form I-129 petition.

** This response is for general informational purposes only, is not case specific, and is not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should consult your attorney to obtain advice about any particular issue or problem.