How many months do you have to be in the US out of the 4 years after you interrupted your continuous residence?

Asked 10 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I was out of the US for a bit more than a year and understand that I interrupted my continuous residency. I will have to restart counting the citizenship years and understand I need four instead of five years this time. Does the same rule apply as before? Do I have to be in the US at least half of the time , which now would be 24 months? Or is it more? ....thank you!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . 30 months. Please see

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

1

Answered . 4 years and one day from the time you re-establish your residency, you meet the continuous presence requirement. The physical presence requirement is met if you've been in the U.S. at least 1/2 of the 5 years preceding filing.