How many months do ice give when the inmate has a immagration ins hold? and does ice take them to the state courts?

Laredo, TX |

he was 3 and half months in a county jail i will pay the bound for them to realese him to a federal prision he has a charge of aggraveted assaul /family /f1 and the ins hold.

You should talk to an attorney. An ICE hold means they'll probably put him in immigration detention after you post bond. Whether or not he can get out depends on the specifics of the charge.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.

yes after i pay the bound he is going to an immigration detention for the ins hold but i want to know how many months can they give him?

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

If immigration picks him up they're going to try to deport him. They don't give him time.

so it doesnt matter the charges he has?

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

If they put a hold on him they think they can deport him. What's his immigration status?

his public defender just told me he had an ins hold and the marshalls had custody once i paid the bound.

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

Here's how it will probably work. You pay the bond. ICE picks him up and detains him. They will issue him documents saying they want to deport him. He can ask for a court hearing and try to fight it. If he's been deported before and reentered illegally they might just deport him. If he was in deportation and was given voluntary departure but didn't leave they might just deport him. Does he have a green card? Or is he here completely with out status. If he's out of status how did he enter? With a visa or border crossing card or without any inspection?

no he has no visa or green card is crossed without inspection but that was not why he is there. someone put an charge of aggravated assault on him and the cops came to the house and took him and then they saw that he was pending with Immigration

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

Pending with immigration like he's already been placed in deportation? Either way you should talk to an attorney. They're definitely going to try to deport him because he's here without status.

This is his second time in migration and had already signed voluntary departure before is that a problem?

I agree with my colleague. Before you pay any bond or do anything for this individual, and before he or she makes any decisions with respect to the criminal case, it is absolutely necessary to make an appointment with an immigration attorney and with a criminal law attorney. And I strongly recommend that the two attorneys communicate with each other regarding this matter because the criminal history will have a direct impact on his immigration status. Good luck to you.

The answer offered here is purely informational and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not to be construed as legal advice.

Recommended articles about Immigration