How many months do ice give when the inmate has a immagration ins hold? and does ice take them to the state courts?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Laredo, TX

he was 3 and half months in a county jail i will pay the bound for them to realese him to a federal prision he has a charge of aggraveted assaul /family /f1 and the ins hold.

1. Karla Rosalinda Prieto

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Before you pay any bond or do anything for this individual, and before he or she makes any decisions with respect to the criminal case, it is absolutely necessary to make an appointment with an immigration attorney and with a criminal law attorney. And I strongly recommend that the two attorneys communicate with each other regarding this matter because the criminal history will have a direct impact on his immigration status. Good luck to you.

2. Justin G. Randolph

1

Answered . You should talk to an attorney. An ICE hold means they'll probably put him in immigration detention after you post bond. Whether or not he can get out depends on the specifics of the charge.