How many judgments can I list in my Notice of Appeal

Asked 9 months ago - Houston, TX

There are two (2) final judgments that I would like to appeal. They both have two separate cause numbers, but involved the same parties. Can I list both judgments on the same Notice of Appeal? Or do I have to file two separate Notices of Appeal?

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

2

1

Answered . Each case is separate and must be appealed separately. Best advice I can give you: hire an attorney or you are 99% likely to lose. Believe me when I tell you, diy litigants always lose.

2. Mario L. Vasquez

Pro

2

Answered . Let's start with the given: there are 2 judgments with different cause numbers and involved the same parties. Unknown: dates of each judgment, type of case, court for each case, etc.

Unless the 2 cases were inextricably tied to one another, such as in family court (divorce action and property settlement), and the same court rendered each judgment on the same day, the 2 cases might be appealed simultaneously. Otherwise, each of the 2 cases would have to be appealed separately. Because the cases may have different time frames, deadlines for appeal are important. Due to the complexity of these separate cases, I strongly suggest that you consult with an attorney in the areas of the judgments as soon as possible. Appealing them on your own is too much. Remember, the judgments become final if you do not meet all the requirements of appeal within 30 days because they become final thereafter.

Get an attorney to help you. Now! Good luck.

3. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . You have some tight deadlines for appealing, best to see an attorney ASAP

4. Samuel Cohen

1

Answered . Separate appeals for each case.