How many hours is considered full time employment in california?

San Diego, CA |

I am workign 35-36 hours/week, is that considered full time and should I receive benefits as a full time employee.

California considers 40 hours per week as full time employment. See California Labor Code Section 515 (c): "For the purposes of this section, "full-time employment" means employment in which an employee is employed for 40 hours per week."

The section referred to is used to compute "overtime pay."

Hope this helps.

John M

I'm a full time employee but right now I didn't get even one hour this week and I do believe that it will happen as well next week!

California law defines full time hours for purposes of calculating overtime pay only. With respect to benefits, that is determined by your individual employer. Your employer is not required to offer any benefits at all (at least for the time being) and can choose the terms on which benefits are offered as part of your compensation package.

I'm from California and working as full time employee at the hotel! This week I did not get even an hour and possibly next week as well! My understanding is, if you are a full time employee you must get 40 hours a week but in my situation right now I've got nothing! Could you please advise me what to do coz I don't know what to do at this moment! Thanks