How many felony charges can you have sealed/expunged on a juvenile record?

Vero Beach, FL |

I have 2 felony charges on my juvenile record and I would like to get them sealed and expunged. Can you seal and expunge both charges? Also, how long will it take before I can get them sealed or expunged?

both charges were together. they were both for credit card fraud / theft.

Also need to know if the charges are together on one case or occurred at different times. You are allowed only one expungement but if they occurred together then you still may be eligible to seal depending on the charge

Answers to proposed questions on Avvo does not constitute legal advice and does not form a lawyer/client relationship.

Roger P. Foley

Roger P. Foley

also need to know the two charges to see if they are eligible

Both charges were together.. They were both for credit card fraud / theft.

If you were not convicted and they arose out of the same criminal episode and have no other convictions you may be eligible. the process can take up to 6 months to a year.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. 407-588-6714 bill@thelawman.net

If the charges were from one criminal episode, they can be expunged. You are only entitled to one expunging during your lifetime.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

In the State of Florida only once. However in New York State the Court are divided into Juvenile and adult. Within the adult court an individual who has not reached his 18th birthday can receive Youthful Offender Status which would make the charges sealed. The caveat is all conditions of receiving YO treatment much be achieved.

Juvenile law topics