How many drinks does it take you to be over the limit?

Newport, KY |
Filed under: DUI Blood test for DUI

Had eight drinks over eight hours. I am female and weigh 154. Took blood test for DUI.

I heard that Blood test are usually higher then the breathilizer

Go to and run the numbers there. Should give you a good idea.

If you really had eight drinks ( 12 oz. beer/shot of whiskey/8 oz. wine) spaced over 8 hours,the reading should not be outrageous; but blood test is more accurate than breath. In theory your body decreases .015 /per hour after your last drink. But 8 drinks is a lot of alcohol put into your body. Hire a good criminal defense attorney in your area.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Your BAC should be around .10. You can estimate using That said, a drink is calculated by 1.25 oz shot, 12 ounce beer or 4 ounces of wine. Often people miscount or get "generous" pours from a bartender. Also, this is an estimate; each person's ability for their body to process the alcohol differs. Generally, a blood test will be slightly higher than breath test, but not always. You should still hire a very good DUI attorney who practices in your area - (i.e. me). Call my office for consultation.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI