How many days it will take to approve the petition once after submitting RFE documents ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Hi, To submit my RFE documents the Actual last date of submission is May 12,2012. I submitted my RFE documents on May 04, 2012. Still my petition in Initial Review state. Please tell me how many days it will take to approve the petition once after submitting the RFE documents. I heard its one month. Is that correct ?

1. Mary Kathleen Neal

2

Answered . This depends on so many details that it is impossible to accurately answer in a public forum like Avvo. USCIS does list standard processing times on their website.

Depending on what kind of petition this is, you may want to hire an attorney to be sure you deal properly with the RFEs. It is always better to get things done right the first time than to try an fix things after a denial of a petition.

2. KiKi Maria Mosley

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on what the RFE is for. Can you tell us what type of application and or/petition you submitted? And even with that information we can answer based upon experience, there is no set amount of time.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It depends, but generally within 60 days.