How many days can a tourist visit america?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

My boyfriend lives in U.S.A so I've been frequently visiting
In 2011 I visited America from the 25th May untill 24th August....so the trip was 91 days long.
I was on a trasnfer flight home that took me to Washington (IAD) back to London (Heathrow)
Ever since that trip I have been taken into a secondary interrigation room when I have reached LAX and on my last visit in November 2012 the border patrol officer told me not to return without a visa or I would probubly be rejected and sent home...

on the way out I flew with BMI airlines and on the way home I flew with UNITED airlines

I know the problem stems from the trip i mentioned above and I was wondering what I had done wrong and if there was a way to resolve the issue?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Best Answer

Answered . Given the border patrol comments regarding obtaining a visa, it appears you entered as part of he Visa Waiver Program. Tourists traveling on passports from certain countries do not need to obtain visas, BUT are limited to a 90 day stay that cannot be extended. If you entered without a visa and overstayed, that could be the cause of your problem.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

1

Answered . Go to the US consulate to get your visa renewed and make sure of the dates of travel in the future

3. Veronica Tunitsky

2

1

Answered . Sounds like they're unhappy that you violated the visa waiver program by one day. Perhaps it's time to apply for a B visitor visa to avoid future complications.