How many days can a jail legally hold someone who has been bonded out but has another hold on them somewhere else?

Murfreesboro, TN |

My boyfriend was put in jail for theft. I bailed him out a few short hours after he was put in Rutherford County jail. He has a hold on him in Alabama. He has charges in Alabama also. They say Alabama has ten business days to come and pick him up or he gets released. We are now at day nine and have heard nothing. I have already had a lawyer figure out his bond in Alabama for me so I'm ready when the time comes. Can they legally hold him longer than the ten days if I have bailed him out? He has a court date set for May 2.

If he has a hold they can hold him until Rutherford County gets confirmation that Alabama is or isn't going to come get him. I have seen it take 30 days in some cases.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."