How many attorneys appear in court telephonically? What are the advantages and disadvantages in appearing telephonically?

Chicago, IL |

If you appear telephonically, do you use a service? If so, which service do you use?

1. Courts have differnent ones. When I appear in federal court in KY that is different than when I appear in federal court in Atlanta for example.

2. Many.
    Are you the asker posting ads yesterday?

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. Many attorneys appear telephonically in Court. In fact, some Court's even schedule conferences to take place telephonically. There are some things you phone in and there are some things that you do not.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.