How long would it take me to become a US Resident right now?

Watsonville, CA |

I want to become a US resident As soon as possible and what to bring my husband over he's in Mexico and hasn't come to the US before how long would it take me to do that as well? please help !!!

It depends on how/whether you are eligible to become a resident--employment, family and humanitarian applications take different amounts of time. .

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Depends on the basis for residency. Are you going to be sponsored by family or an employer. If the latter it will depend on your education and experience.

It depends on what family or employment-based category that you qualify under.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Education law topics