How long would it take, for the petition approvalfor my husband???

Asked 12 months ago - Carson, CA

I am a green card holder (permanent residence) and i just filled form i-130 for my husband, that was JULY 18 2013.. i received my receipt at JULY 26 2013 and i saw that the priority date is written there it was JULY 23 2013... and with my receipt number i checked immediately my case status... and it says, INITIAL REVIEW.. i researched and read a lot of questions and answers about HOW LONG DID THEY WAIT, for the approval.. some says 5-8mos, some says 4months, my relative says 2weeks or 1month.. HOW LONG WOULD I WAIT FOR THE APPROVAL for my husband's petition, i really want a exact month so i can follow up the petition if it's too long pending.... thank you.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . Hard to say, probably a few months.

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

4

2

Best Answer

Answered . In the F-2A category, it is taking about 16 months for the petition to process. After that, depending on *several* factors including whether your husband is in the U.S. or abroad, it will take about another 4-8 months for the adjustment of status (if in the U.S.) or immigrant visa (if abroad).

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . 6 months or so