How long would I be in Jail if I was caught driving on a suspended driving license? In forsth Ga?

Savannah, GA |

I was orginally pulled over for my crack in my windshield, I have had several DUI in the past and I have paid all my fine and on this last one I had a one year suspension I had to serve.

. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say what the outcome will be.

It's not a great idea to represent yourself in traffic court. You do, however, have the constitutional right to do so. I would recommend spending an entire day in the traffic court to observe how judges handle self-represented defendants to get an idea of how irritated they get at amateur lawyering - some of it by licensed lawyering at times, regrettably. If you really want to represent yourself, you should purchase an hour of a traffic attorney's time to have her or him coach you on how to handle things. A better choice is simply to hire an attorney.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Many prosecutors believe they must request 10 days to serve on a first time suspended license charge. The truth is that the judge can suspend, probate or defer any or all of that time. See my published legal guide on this point.

I am more interested in the reason for your stop. A cracked windshield is not a violation such as to authorize a stop of your vehicle unless the crack is in a spider web or starburst shape of at least 3 inches by 3 inches. Most officers ignore this law and use any crack on the windshield to stop you and conduct an investigation or search. Your case could make an excellent Motion to Suppress. Get a great local lawyer.