How long would a sentence be for a 16 year old who has no criminal history and committed armed robbery?

Washington, DC |

He's being charged as an adult, he has no criminal history . The juvenile was caught on tape but was not caught taking anything from the victims, they are not sure as to who took the items. As for the weapon used, they are not sure whether it was a knife or Sharp object..the knife has not been found and cant be seen in the video. As to the stabbing, it was a double stabbing and the victims only suffered minor cuts. As to evidence over all they have the video, his clothing , and the two victims..they also have the group of people he was with.

1. There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

2. This is a question that must be asked of this young man's defense attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Only the attorney that is actually handing this matter can give you proper guidance.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.