How long willit usually take my Healthplan insurance company to waive my claim for reimbursement of medical bills they pay out

Lawyer is trying to get me more money by getting my insurance company to waive my claim and pay me for the medical bills they pay out, how long does this process usually take?

Sparta, WI -

Sean Michael Patrick

Sean Michael Patrick

Personal Injury Lawyer - Sacramento, CA

It varies. There is no set time frame. It will depend on the insurance representative, the diligence of your attorney, and how strong of an argument for reduction your attorney has (based on the facts of your case). I have personally resolve a lien of this matter in 24 hours, and some have taken several months. Be patient, and let your attorney do his job. Best of luck.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple months, depending on how hard your lawyer pushes.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

I suggest you ask your lawyer this question, as he knows who he is dealing with.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Jose, CA

Impossible to predict, too many variables.

Timothy Leo Bowden

Timothy Leo Bowden

Personal Injury Lawyer - Goodlettsville, TN

It varies. There is no set time.

Tim

Larry Van Roberts

Larry Van Roberts

Personal Injury Lawyer - Johnson City, TN

If your attorney has access to the person who can make the decision, It could take one phone call for 5 - 10 minutes. If not, it can take days or weeks for the insurance rep to get approval from their supervisor.