How long will usics will take after change of address during my green card interview?

Bremerton, WA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

My interview went well except officer during green card interview found our situation tricky as we live in washington state but filed from California. Our address was not permanent in Washington but my inlaws address in California was a permanent one. I got my biometrics and interview at California but after interview she said she can't approve my case as we are out of state and case will transferred to Seattle usics office. She changed address on my form. Now my online status is initial review and reads immigration officer is going through an additional review. It's more than a month now, how much long will it take? Would we be called for another interview at Seattle?

1. It may be a while and yes you can certainly be called for another interview.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. A transfer invariably results in delays.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Probably another month, but it would be wise to schedule an INFOPASS appointment and inquire with the Seattle USCIS if they have already received your file.