Skip to main content

How long will they sentence me for not showing up to see my probation officer and running away

Atlanta, GA |

i ranned away instead of seeing my po

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It's impossible to answer the question you're asking without having more information. This is just a snapshot of things a lawyer would want to know, but I would contact the attorney who represented you at the time you were put on probation.
What offense are you on probation for?
Is this your first time in juvenile court?
Is this your first violation?
Do you come from a good family?
How long were you on probation before running away?
Were you doing what you were supposed to?
Were you doing anything else you're not supposed to?
How long were you on the run?
By being on run, is it safe to assume you also weren't going to school?
Were you doing drugs or drinking alcohol?
With whom did you say?
What positive things can that person [those people] say about you?
What are your parents going to say to the judge about you?
Can you be sincere, remorseful, and respectful in court?


Will definately depend on the facts of your case, and more specifically the underlying charges.

Seek an attorney immediately for help in your case!


Have your attorney talk to the probation officer before you go to court. How much longer do you have in your probation?


All depends on the charges against you. If the charges are minor and you do not have a history of skipping out on your probation officer, you may catch a break. However, it is really up to your PO as well as the Judge presiding over the case. It is possible to be sentenced to jail for the remainder of your probation, however, it all depends on the facts of the case.

I would certainly hire and attorney to help you navigate this issue.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer