How long will the delay be if I reschedule a naturalization N-400 interview?

San Francisco, CA |

I have my N-400 naturalization interview scheduled for September 16, 2003 in San Francisco. I have made travel arrangements out of the country September 1 to September 21. Rescheduling my travel plans will cost a lot of money. If I ask USCIS to reschedule my interview, and they agree, how long will the delay likely be? I am asking because I have business travel plans in November and if USCIS reschedule my interview for that period, it might be even more difficult to cancel the November travel plans

1. Can never know for sure. Can take anywhere between 2-3 months.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You can never tell how long it will take.

You need to give serious consideration to what's more important, the trip in September or your citizenship.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. I've had rescheduled Naturalization interviews anywhere from 2-10 weeks from the original date. SF is usually reasonable with rescheduling, particularly with proof of pre-arranged travel.

Immigration Attorney Jeff Khurgel* Assists Clients in all 50 States -- Call or email for a Consultation -- www.khurgel.com -- Contact information below. Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 / Irvine, CA 92612 / Office: (949) 509-6515 / Direct: (949) 535-6331 / Web: www.khurgel.com / Email: info@khurgel.com / *Attorney Khurgel is a former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer.