How long will the delay be if I reschedule a naturalization N-400 interview?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I have my N-400 naturalization interview scheduled for September 16, 2003 in San Francisco. I have made travel arrangements out of the country September 1 to September 21. Rescheduling my travel plans will cost a lot of money. If I ask USCIS to reschedule my interview, and they agree, how long will the delay likely be? I am asking because I have business travel plans in November and if USCIS reschedule my interview for that period, it might be even more difficult to cancel the November travel plans

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Can never know for sure. Can take anywhere between 2-3 months.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . You can never tell how long it will take.

You need to give serious consideration to what's more important, the trip in September or your citizenship.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

2

Answered . I've had rescheduled Naturalization interviews anywhere from 2-10 weeks from the original date. SF is usually reasonable with rescheduling, particularly with proof of pre-arranged travel.