How long will my mom be in jail for child endangerment, dui,dwi, hit and run and running from the police

Asked over 1 year ago - Hot Springs National Park, AR

So my mom was Driving while intoxicated and Driving under the influence she hit a tree and then like two light poles while my littlest sister was in the car.. the cops pulled her over and gave her a sobriety test, she didn't pass. So as the cop went back to the car to write her up and take her in she got in the car and drove to my grandmas house where me and my two other siblings were. she had like 5 cops and one helicopter chasing her they finally got her at my grandma's house... she said she didn't want my little sister to go to DHS that's why she did that. but my little sis ended up going anyway.. so how long will my mom get for doing this?!?!

1. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . Sorry to hear that you're going through this. It's not clear how old you are, but I hope you're not dealing with this alone. It sounds as if you're mom needs an attorney and possibly some help with an apparent alcohol problem. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

2. Donald Kennedy Campbell III

Pro

2

Answered . Your mother needs to contact the Public Defender's office to get advice on possible criminal charges. Your grandmother, if able to care for you, needs to contact a lawyer about getting custody of you and your siblings before DHS acts to do so. I think Arkansas DHS could screw up a train wreck without even trying, so I don't trust them with raising kids. If your grandmother can do a good job she needs to get custody and hire a local lawyer.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . No one can tell you this. These are serious charges; that was serious conduct. A good lawyer will help her. If this is her first time in trouble with the law that will be in her favor.