Skip to main content

How long will my mom be in jail for child endangerment, dui,dwi, hit and run and running from the police

Hot Springs National Park, AR |

So my mom was Driving while intoxicated and Driving under the influence she hit a tree and then like two light poles while my littlest sister was in the car.. the cops pulled her over and gave her a sobriety test, she didn't pass. So as the cop went back to the car to write her up and take her in she got in the car and drove to my grandmas house where me and my two other siblings were. she had like 5 cops and one helicopter chasing her they finally got her at my grandma's house... she said she didn't want my little sister to go to DHS that's why she did that. but my little sis ended up going anyway.. so how long will my mom get for doing this?!?!

Attorney Answers 3


Sorry to hear that you're going through this. It's not clear how old you are, but I hope you're not dealing with this alone. It sounds as if you're mom needs an attorney and possibly some help with an apparent alcohol problem. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


No one can tell you this. These are serious charges; that was serious conduct. A good lawyer will help her. If this is her first time in trouble with the law that will be in her favor.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree


Your mother needs to contact the Public Defender's office to get advice on possible criminal charges. Your grandmother, if able to care for you, needs to contact a lawyer about getting custody of you and your siblings before DHS acts to do so. I think Arkansas DHS could screw up a train wreck without even trying, so I don't trust them with raising kids. If your grandmother can do a good job she needs to get custody and hire a local lawyer.

This answer does not create a attorney client relationship and cannot be relied upon as a legal opinion as there are too many unknown facts to this matter to render an opinion at this time. Campbell & Grooms, PLLC

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics