How long will my fiancé likely do if his projected release date is July 1, 2013? Violent crime.

Redondo Beach, CA |
Filed under: Felony crime

My fiancé just got sentenced to 365 days in county for pleading guilty to assault with deadly weapon (on a dog) and animal cruelty. He had to do a 90 day diagnostic procedure and the judge sentenced him to the 365 days after the 90 day period.

He's being held in LA County's Men's Central Jail.

If I am understanding the facts here, your fiance was just sentenced to 365 days but he has at least 90 days of credits because he did the prison diagnostic. The answer is, it depends. No more than an additional 90 days, however, he may get what we term the "kick" referring to early release based upon jail conditions - often overcrowding. The kick changes daily, but you should be advised that because the charge involved violence, it may mean smaller kick. I do not know how many credits he has, so this is just an estimate. good luck.
www.losangelesdefenders.com