How long will it take to settle my case? I have been released frm treatment....

Asked over 3 years ago - Chicago, IL

My doctor has released me frm his treatment with permanent ristriction.... the company has already done there independent evaluation... Should i now start expecting settlement offer from insurence company? does age factor matters atall in illinois workers comp case? can at any time my workers comp benefits be just terminated because i been out of work for too long? can i apply for social security benefits if i have not been out of work for almost a yr now?

THANK YOU...

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . You are better off with a worker compensation attorney as your counsel instead of trying to fight the insurance company by yourself.

Hire a worker compensation attorney.

2. Michael J. Helfand

Answered . It depends. When you're injured at work and receive workers' comp benefits, the insurance company is not obligated to offer you a settlement. And if they do, they offer will most likely be a low one. They probably aren't going to take you seriously. The best way to get an idea of what to expect (and the best way to get a fair settlement, in my opinion), is to sit down with an experienced Chicago workers' compensation attorney. They will have the most relevant experience and be able to offer the most useful advice. If you have any other questions, or if you need a referral, please feel free to give me a call. 1-312-346-5320. Good luck.

3. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

Answered . It depends. Often, this would be the perfect time to settle. However, if you do not have a lawyer, do not expect anything. Many insurers will allow you to twist in the wind and/or "blow" the statute of limitations.

I strongly urge you to hire a lawyer to move your case along and protect your rights. He or she can probably answer most of your questions.

4. Henry Repay

Answered . I would be more firm in insisting you see an attorney and get your workers' compensation advice based on a solid understanding by the attorney of the background. Now would be the time to initiate settlement negotiations, but whether your case can be settled promptly depends on many factors, including the insurance company, perhaps even the particular adjuster assigned, the law firm retained by the insurer, your own attorney's diligence, . . . I would not handle this case for you, but have an excellent relationship with a workers' compensation attorney in your area. I would be pleased to hear from you. Concerning social security, start by visiting a social security office. Depending on what you find out, your next step would be to speak with a social security attorney.

5. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . Personal injury attorneys nearly always give a free initial consultation.

The insurance industry’s own statistics indicate that once an attorney becomes involved, the value of any claim at least doubles.

Put those two facts together and it is in your best interest to retain experienced legal counsel at your earliest possible convenience.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.