How long will it take to settle, will the insurance company settle before taking it to court?

Des Moines, IA |

was rear ended october 2011 its now july 4th 2012, was in physical therepy for 2 months, medical bills around 6,200. I did not have health insurance and am getting called for collections, I was hit by a lady who did not have a drivers liscence, but the car did have insurance, tryed to settle without a lawyer, adjuster is very difficult offered 2500. ridiculous. hired lawyer who waiting couple months to negociate, she same up to paying medical bills in full but only giving me 1000 for pain and suffering and lost wages. Lawyer filed suit and they got served for court, unknown on when the date is, will they settle before court? its 100% there fault. also boyfriend hit his knee, had no therepy and they gave him medical bills plus 2500 for pain and suffering. as i suffered for 2 months.

Your lawyer is in contact with them, and would be the best person to update you on the timing of the case.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-510-6755
http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Settlements may sometimes take many months, even up to and over one year. Ask your attorney for a timeline, or at least to keep you informed of the updates on the negotiations.

Every case is different. Some cases settle right away. Other cases settle late in the litigation process, including on the eve of trial. Yet other cases never settle and proceed to trial. Whether and when a case settles depends on many factors, such as the facts of the case, reasonableness of the parties, the perspective of the parties, and procedureal and substative posture of the case. Your lawyer is in the best position to apprise you of your situation.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.