How long will it take to receive my interview date for citizenship in houston, TX? I just had my fingerprints on sep-19-11

Houston, TX |

My biometrics were just done today on 9-19-11. I would like to find how long does it usually takes to recieve my interview date?

Probably 2 to 4 weeks.

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The normal practice for the Houston USCIS is less than 4 weeks from biometrics to letter scheduling the naturalization interview. You can always check with one of the immigration clinics in Houston who can provide the current trend based on volume and number of processing agents.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

yes. total processing times for most citizenship cases these days is under four months from filing to Oath unless problems along the way.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Education law topics