How long will it take to receive my final divorce decree?

Asked over 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I was told that once a judge signs off on the divorce papers, I should get my final divorce decree by certified mail. How long will that take? My spouse decided to withdraw her request to contest the divorce after a dramatic show in court today.

1. Christopher Barrett Fay

1

Answered . Assuming the divorce is being transmitted now, it will need to be reviewed. If everything is in order, your divorce decree should be processed in about 2-3 months. It was taking 4-6 months at one point last year, but I've recently had divorce decrees finalized in about 2 months.

Good luck,
    Chris
    PS: Please mark this as a best answer if it is most helpful to you.

2. James David Cairns III

1

Answered . For a no-fault divorce:
    If you've been separated more than 2 years, then the divorce decree will take about 6 weeks, including court and mailing time.
    If you're been separated less than 2 years, then the divorce decree will take about 3.5 months, including court and mailing time.

This assumes your attorney doesn't let your divorce paperwork sit around, and you do what he/she tells you to do when your told to do it (get papers signed and send them back to your attorney).

My law firm consistently gets divorces finished fast and affordably (currently $148 including court costs) at MyPaDivorceLawyer.com. No travel to court or our offices. I hope this answer is helpful.