How long will it take to get my pip check.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Louisville, KY

I was a pedestrian struck by a car back in september. Needless to say I was at fault in the end. The driver has pip protection I have recived the letter telling the insurance company to send the check. How long do I have to wait before i recieve my check?

1. Martin Pohl

3

Answered . If you were struck by a motor vehicle you should contact an attorney. Your attorney can help you with PIP as well as settling any injury claims you may have. PIP checks don't take long to receive if you know what you're doing. That's why an attorney would be helpful.

2. Michael A. Schafer

Pro

2

Answered . Under the Kentucky PIP/No-Fault statute the insurance company is to make payment within 30 days of receiving a medical bill or proof of loss wages. It is not automatic, it is only paid tfor medical bills for treatment for injuries received in the car accident. I would suggest you contact a Kentucky personal inury attorney who concentrates in car acciident cases to further explore your options.

3. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . If you were injured that by all means contact a personal injury attorney. With a free consultation it costs you nothing to find out what your legal rights are.