How long will it take to get divorced if my husband agrees to everything?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brookline, MA

We have no kids and we rent, all i have is the ineritance i got from my dad which i want to use for a down payment on a condo?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

6

11

Best Answer

Answered . I Concurr wtih attny Robbins who is an outstanding attorney. If you have nothing to fight about, don't let the lawyers make there be something to fight about, try and work out a joiint petition for divorce, you will file in Norfolk probate court which is in Canton and prepare financial statements, a separation agreement which the court should accept, along wtih the original marriage certificate. take care.

2. Joshua N Robbins

Pro

7

Answered . You have to draft a separation agreement and file all material for a joint petition. Taking into account the nisi period probably 6 months from now everything will be done and the nisi period would have run. Best to work with an attorney as they can help achieve this relatively quickly.

I wish you all the best.

3. Anton R. Reinert

3

Answered . If you file an uncontested divorce action with all of the necessary papers, you could have a final hearing scheduled within about a month or two. The divorce becomes final 120 days after the final hearing in an uncontested divorce. Good luck.