How long will it take to get a visa after submitting the I-864

San Antonio, TX |

I'm about to submitt the I-864 and I just want to know how many more months to process all the documents.I'm petitioning my mother so I need to have a time frame because I might not be available to pick her up when they give her the visa. Thank u

1. I changed the practice area to immigration. Hopefully someone can give you the answer you are looking for.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

2. This will largely depend on where your mother is from but with consular processing the process can take up to a year or more.

3. I agree with my colleague. It depends on the Consulate. You can check the processing times at the State Department website I have provided below. Good luck and I hope everything works out!

The Law Office of Andrew Chung, PLLC. (832) 409 0117. Andrew@Chung-Law.com . The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.