How long will it take to bring my wife and her child to the U.S. from the Philippines.

Novi, MI |

I was married to a Philippine national back in 2006. I would like to know what to do and how long it should take to bring them to the United States?

1. More information is needed. Are you a U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident? How did you get your permanent resident status? If you are a Citizen, then you can file for your wife for what is 'called' and immediate visa, but it may take a year, perhaps longer for your petition with the USCIS, paperwork with the National Visa Center and the time it will take her to wait in que to consular process the visa packet.

It helps to have an experienced attorney to help you and your wife with the process.

The above is general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship.