How long will it take for my petition process?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pearl City, HI

Im a US citizen and i filed for my wife's petition who is in Philippines right now. Yesterday i received a phone message of Form I-797 which says that the petition is approved? Whats the next step? How long would it take. My wife is 3 months pregnant now, would this affect or delay her petition? What do we need to do?

1. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

9

Answered . Your best avenue is to retain an experienced immigration attorney who knows exactly what and how to proceed. Having an attorney does not expedite the process per se but an attorney will prepare and file the case more quickly and properly.
    Assuming your i-130 was approved the case will be sent to the NVC for further action. You will receive instructions from the NVC.

2. David B Pittman

Pro

7

Answered . Consult an immigration attorney for help with this.

3. Christian Schmidt

6

Answered . Your wife must now apply for an immigrant visa through the National Visa Center. Submitting a complete application will expedite the process so that the help of an experienced immigration attorney would be beneficial. If all goes well your wife can be in the US within 2 months time.